1. It is a great first job. Refereeing teaches commitment and professionalism – while being fun at the same time.
2. Become more knowledgeable about the Laws of the Game.
3. Learning all the ins and outs of these Laws will help you to appreciate the game much more and make you a better player, parent or coach.
4. Earn money working in a sport you enjoy.
5. Adult referees are always in demand. It’s a wonderful way to give something back to the community and to your home soccer association.
Referees are nationally certified, so there is no age restriction on becoming a referee. All referees have a “Grade”. This grade refers to the level of the referee, not school. This, at times, leads to confusion.